Friday, January 9, 2009

Where Did All The Time Go?


I can't believe it's already been 5 months since little Will was born and already he's changing into a little person and not an infant. He has already got his bottom two teeth in and he's starting to crawl (more like an army crawl but he gets to where he wants to go). He can now entertain himself and plays with toys and crawls around to whatever he wants. I was able to babysit him yesterday for a few hours and couldn't believe this was the same little baby I saw at Christmas. Brandt and Elyse are embarking on the next phase of parenting....EXPLORING BABY! One minute you are bringing the baby home from the hospital and the next minute, that little baby doesn't want to be held anymore and has a mind all his own and goes exploring the house. I got a kick out of watching him crawl off his blanket where all his toys were placed, and watching him catch a glimpse of something funner and crawling to it. Most of the time, the "funner" things weren't toys and I would put him back on his blanket and show him more of his toys. I was able to read him a new book he had just got that day and even though he didn't understand what I was reading and maybe not even loving the moment, I was loving every minute of it!


I'm still getting use to having someone refer to me as a "Grandma" but it's starting to grow on me BIG time. I still have friends having babies and I'm having grandbabies!!!! I'm starting to understand more of the feelings Grandparents have. When you become a parent for the first time, you are more worried about not knowing what to do or how to do it, and you want to do so much for your child and have your child learn and do everything so quickly that maybe you don't enjoy the moment as much and always wishing away the time. Then you have another child or two (or more!!) and life becomes more hectic and demanding and you find yourself all wrapped up in the moment of the present and again wishing away the time. Then all of the sudden, you find yourself at a stage in life where you don't understand how you got there and asking yourself, "Where did all the time go?" I'm now wishing for time to go by slower and not wanting the kids to get any older.
With Will, I am enjoying watching him grow and having fun playing with him, without feeling the pressure of the parent of wondering if I am doing things right or wrong. And the best thing about being the Grandparent????? After you've had fun with them and loved them bunches and bunches, you can send them home at the end of the day and you can get a full night's sleep!! :)

p.s. Since Will started crawling, he's lost 1 pound. Did you notice all the chub creases on his arms??!! I predict those will soon disappear, along with all the other ones on his WHOLE body with all his recent and new activity. (I WUV THOSE CREASES AND ROLLS!) What a scrumptious little lovey boy!!!

2 comments:

Dawna said...

Ooooohhhhh he is so cute!!! I love the rolls on the arms. I can't believe how fast he is growing. Give him a big hug for me next time you see him!!!

Nicole said...

What a sweet little baby!! I just love all those wrinkle! I feel the same way about my own life. How is it that I have three little boys?? I still feel like I'm eighteen. I want to savor each day because I know it will be gone too soon.