Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Elder Brady Cowley

Tonight my nephew Brady was set apart as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He will enter the Missionary Training Center tomorrow morning and train there for a few weeks before going to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission. We are so proud of him and are very excited for what he will experience over the next two years as he serves his mission.

I wish the whole family could of been with us, but we left a sick Carson home and Colton there to help him out. Mark of course is in Oregon, so it was just me, Kylie and Taylir. It was so touching to watch as the Stake President laid his hands on his head and hear his words as he set him apart as a full time missionary of The Lord. Afterward, Brady gave his parents a hug and I got emotional as I watched them get emotional. I have never seen my nephew get teary eyed so of course the waterworks were on for me. It's hard to believe this is the little Brady Boy who I use to love watch play t-ball and now he's all grown up and ready to go out and serve the Lord. I love what a mission does for a young man and am excited for the growth he is about to receive.


We will miss Brady a whole bunch while he is gone, and family get-togethers will not be the same without him, but he is doing what he needs to be doing and I am so proud of him for the choice he has made.

See you in 2 years Elder Cowley! We love you and will miss you!

(The pictures turned out way fuzzy because they were on my cell phone due to the fact that I couldn't find the camera before we left home - I think it added an extra 20-pound look to each body too! :))

2 comments:

Dawna said...

These will be the "Best Two Years" of his life. You cannot imagine the blessings that come from having a missionary out in the field. He will be an awesome missionary!

Kris said...

What an awesome posting Lel! I can't believe the day is here. Very hard but very good. Thanks for your love and support. Love ya!