Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Good Gomer at his BEST!

How many women wished that they were married to a "Jack of all trades". Lucky me, I AM!! My good gomer of a hubby can do it all. Lately he has been into making apple pies and each week when he is home he perfects his recipe to an even more perfect version. Last night after he worked most of the day on a big work project, he couldn't wait to just get in his jammies, build a fire and lounge in his chair watching a good western movie. I knew that wouldn't last long for him.....he's not known to sit still for too long. And I was right, not too long into his lounging by the fire, he announced he was going to go mess around with his pie recipe. He is wanting to have the perfect pie by Thanksgiving. Trust me though, each pie he has already made has been perfect to me, especially the one with the entire bag of kraft caramels in the apple filling...YUM! He told me this one will be the best and I have to admit, I think it is the prettiest one so far. It is very puffy and looks perfecto!!! We're going to dig into tonight for dessert and I can hardly wait!
I love my Good Gomer!!

4 comments:

Kris said...

What a good "Martha" Gomer. When is he going to let the rest of us family decide if they're any good?

Gina said...

He made a couple of apple pies while he was at our house last week. They were very good.

Dawna said...

This is soooo Mark. It is all or nothing with that man :) Can't wait to come later tonight and have a slice!!! See ya soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are a lucky girl. Is his recipe top secret or will you share? I'd like a pie with a whole bag of caramels in it! :)

Teresa