Thursday, August 20, 2009

Back To School 2009

I can't believe it's time for school to start once again. It seems like we were just attending all the year-end activities and graduations for the 2008-09 school year and now I'm sending the kids off to another year of school. This year there are big changes with 3 of the 4 kids; Carson starts his first year of Jr. High, Taylir starts her first year of High School and Kylie starts her first year of college and living away from home. I'm not one who likes change, especially when it involves my babies growing up, so I've been a little out of sorts this last little while and just trying to cope with all the change and hoping it turns into a "normal" soon. I like my comfort zone and I don't feel like I'm in it right now. I feel the need for a large bowl of cookie dough, a good Lifetime movie and cuddling up with the kids/dogs on my bed.....that's what I do to de-stress! Last night we ate dinner on my bed and watched NCIS. The kids couldn't believe I was letting them eat outside of the kitchen! Anything to make the mom happy though!!! Luckily the kids are really excited about their new adventures and they aren't as crazy as their mom!! :)

Carson starts his first year (7th grade) at the Jr. High




Colton starts his last year (9th grad) at the Jr. High



Taylir starts her first year (10th grade) at the High School


Kylie will leave for Southern Utah this weekend. These are a few pictures of her birthday party two nights ago.

2 comments:

Johnson Family said...

Sounds like your family is in for new adventure this school year.-Happy Belated Birthday Kylie!! Your grandma and grandpa will be in good hands with you with them.

Rencher Fam said...

I can't believe that Kylie is 18! I can still remember seeing you in Logan when I was at USU and she was just a tiny girl!! Time really does pass by too quickly! She has turned into such a beautiful young lady. Good luck Kylie! It was fun to look through all the pics and see what you have been up to.