Saturday, August 22, 2009

And She's Off!!


Well the day I've been putting off has finally arrived......the day that my baby girl leaves home and starts the next phase of her life. She left tonight for St. George to live with her Grammy and Papa and go to school at Dixie State. She was going to leave Thursday but we (okay, I) decided Friday would be better, then on Friday we (I) decided Saturday would be better, and at one time today we (I) decided tomorrow would be best, but ultimately I knew I needed to put my selfish feelings aside of not wanting to let go of her and to get her there with plenty of time to settle in before her 8 am class Monday morning.

This morning me and the dogs decided to wake her up and have a good cuddle!

Tonight the family went out to dinner for our "Last Supper".

Finally it was time to head to the airport and say our goodbyes. I promised I wouldn't cry and held true to my promise even though inside I was absolutely dying! The only thing that kept my emotions from spilling over the edge was knowing that she will be home again on Friday for a friends missionary farewell on Sunday. I love that she has free flight benefits so she can take advantage of the 5 flights going in and out of St. George daily......I think we will see quite a bit of her! :)


I love you my Kylicans! Good Luck on your new adventure! Your bedroom is always here!

2 comments:

Dawna said...

I have to say that in the pictures she does not look too sad...actually excited would be a better word! What an exciting time!!!

Rochelle said...

WOW, Have fun mom and play and be good and have fun Kylie