Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Elwa, I'm still a kid"

Last night at Carson's football game (which they won and finished the season undefeated going into the playoffs!!) little Daxton was sitting with me and Kylie and he asked Kylie if she was the oldest kid in the family. Kylie explained to him the best way she could for a 5-year old to understand, that she was the oldest of Elwa's (that's what Daxton and my nephews call me) 2 kids, but when Elwa married Mark she became one of the middle of 8 kids. She named down from the oldest - Brandt, Kortney, Tavyn, Tyson, Kylie, Taylir, Colton and then Carson. I then told him I had Kylie and Carson in my tummy but that Heavenly Father had blessed me with the other children and I had 8 kids now instead of 2. After a few minutes of silence and obviously some deep thinking on Daxton's part, he then said, "Elwa, I'm still a kid". I agreed with him and he then stated, "I'm kid number 9 and Jett is kid number 10". Oh my goodness! How I love this little boy! The innocense of a child and the pure and simple thinking and knowledge that he has. Yes Daxton, you and Jett are my number 9 and 10! (Kylie also had to throw in that Tank and Gunner were number 11 and 12) Who would of ever thought that I could become a "mom" in so many differen't ways. I am guilty of sometimes feeling a little sorry for myself in only being able to enjoy the experience of 2 births, but How blessed I am to have all these children in my life. No matter how they came here or who their actual "mom" is, I am extremely greatful for each of them!

2 comments:

Rencher Fam said...

They are all SO lucky to have you!!

Rochelle said...

That is such a sweet story! You went from two to eleven, twelve?? Pretty lucky woman!