Monday, August 25, 2008

Playing Dress-Up and Soccer

I think every familie's pets have to go through the torture of being dressed up. I think our dogs have gotten so use to it over the years that they've learned not to fight it. Gunner doesn't particularly like to be dressed up but he tolerates it. But Tank on the other hand doesn't just not fight it, he helps you dress him because he loves to dress up in his tutu and pink headband. When you get them out, he actually ducks his head as if he is trying to help put them on. Did you catch that our dogs happen to be HE'S?


Gunner also likes to watch television. If you haven't noticed, there are a ton of animal commercials. Gunner even knows these commercials by their music or sounds. If he's somewhere in the house other than my bedroom, he'll hear the music of his favorite commercial and come running up onto the bed. When I leave the house I leave the tv turned on for the dogs to watch. When I come home and go into my bedroom, you can guarantee Gunner wants to play a game of "challenge" for the remote control. He gets this look in his eyes and crouches down like he wants to pounce and this is his way of saying, "On your mark, get set......" and then we both lunge for the remote. Since we are probably on our 4th remote this year, you can guess who wins the challenge. BTW, The Animal Planet Rocks!


We went and watched Daxton in his first soccer game tonight. He plays for the Silver Sharks. He did really well and even scored a goal. It's so much fun to watch the kids when they are this little. I think they have more fun socializing with each other than actually playing the sport. It was cute to see them congratulate the other team players after the game, I'm sure not even knowing or caring if they won the game or not.

4 comments:

Dawna said...

This is very disturbing in so many ways :) What happened in Tank's "puppyhood" to make him love dress up so much? A canine psychologist would have a hay day with him-Hahaha!

Rochelle said...

WHat the heck? That is hilarious! It maked me want to go and dress up my dog! Oh, I might be giggling about the tutu for awhile. At least halloween is taken care of!

Gina said...

The photo of Tank in the tutu cracks me up. When I was a kid we use to dress up our dog and he was very tolerant of it.

terrie said...

God gave those dogs to the perfect family! That is the cutest outfit ever. We should have a fashion show in Relief Society showcasing our dogs!