Wednesday, July 23, 2008

We are spending a lot of time at the laundromat these days. I miss having a washer and dryer with me. I usually throw in a load a day at home and without that convenience the dirty clothes pile up!! Me and the girls had some fun at the laundromat Monday and took a few pictures.

We're having a great time here in Oregon. Right now it's just Mark, me, Taylir and Colton. Kylie and Carson have gone back to Utah for a week or so but hopefully will be back. It's been a little less chaotic in the trailer but the trade off is missing Ky and Cars and that isn't the best. I think we're starting to come into a groove. It's been tough living in such cramped conditions, but we're still having a great time!

I think I've found a solution to Gunner's barking problem. We purchased a shock collar and so far it's doing it's job. We were able to leave the dogs in the trailer this evening while we went to Kirk and Gina's for dinner. I may be able to enjoy my vacation afterall.

Today was a very relaxing day. Colton had spent the night with cousin Tyler so it was just Taylir and myself in the trailer all day. We got up fairly early and drove into St. Helens to the high school track to do some running. Taylir is suppose to keep up on her cross country training. We ran into the St. Helens High School Cross Country team and I spoke to the coaches who invited her to train with them. Great news! I'll just jog around the track while she is out with them. This will benefit me too!! I'd like to lose some weight before my big "GIRLS TURNING 40" trip in September. That is when me and all my high school girlfriends are going to Vegas for 4 days. After having our running time cut short, due to Gunner jumping out of the window of the truck and finding us on the track, we went back to the trailer and cleaned for a good 20 minutes (super scouring a trailer is a piece of cake compared to a house!) and just enjoyed doing nothing. We've been on the go so much the past 2 weeks that it just felt good to pull our hair in ponytails and lounge around. The temperature and smell of Oregon is incredible!! I think it was in the mid 60's today. I'm not much for the heat and thoroughly enjoy the cool temps. We opened all the windows and turned on the country music while we listened to the sound of small airplanes taking off and landing at the little airport next to us. That is one thing I will miss for sure when we leave here, the airport. I have really enjoyed the sounds of the planes. It's just a tiny airport so the planes are quiet and fun to watch. That country song with the words, "I'm just sitting right here watching airplanes, take off and fly" keep going over and over in my mind and we all catch ourselves singing it.

I have some pictures from the beach the other day when we took the kids and dogs to the coast to run around. Tank absolutely loved the water and we got some great pictures of him playing with the kids. We took a scenic drive back to Scappoose and found some waterfalls where we played around and took more pictures. Unfortunately we're having a hard time downloading them but will have to post them soon.

Tomorrow Colton is going to work with Mark and so me and Taylir will have some more girl time. We're thinking about trying out a Hawaiian grill down the road for lunch. We'll spend more time at the laundromat I'm sure.....our laundry never ends!

3 comments:

Gina said...

I'm glad that you have found a solution to Gunnar's barking problem.

Kris said...

Look how cute the girls are!!!
Love ya....

Dawna said...

Do Kylie and Taylir have licenses to drive those baskets??? Hope you are having a great time in Oregon. I not only miss you and the family, I miss Oregon too!