Saturday, July 19, 2008

Help! I've got a dog attached at the hip!

I have not been able to leave Gunner for over a week now. When I leave the trailer he whines and cries and barks. It's starting to get annoying. I've had to have him tranquilized the whole time and he still whines with being drugged out of his mind!! I've decided that tranqulizing him isn't working and now I just take him wherever I go. Look at the picture of him looking out the window of the trailer.....his barely open eyelid is stuck to the window trying to get a glimpse of me. He definitely loves his mommy! I've thought in the past that it is so cute the way he is so attached to me, but now that we're on this long vacation I realize what a monster I've created. Who's the boss anway? At home he is fine when I leave but for some weird reason he feels insecure in the trailer and it doesn't matter who is still in the trailer with him, he cries for me. We can't leave him alone unattended because of the other RV'ers (trailers aren't that sound-proof). Tonight we went to dinner with the kids and put him in the crate in the back of the truck and hurried over dinner so he wouldn't annoy everyone on the streets. Poor Tank just sits there by him and looks annoyed....or maybe he's deaf by now from all the barking going on near his ear. This is going to be a long vacation if I am prisoner to my dog. HELP!

0 comments: