Friday, March 6, 2009

The Grand Concert

Tonight Taylir and Colton took part in The Grand Concert, put on by their Jr. High's Music Department. This concert featured the Wind Ensemble, Chamber and Concert Choirs, Advanced Percussion and Advanced Orchestra. Taylir is in Advanced Orchestra, playing the violin and Colton is in Wind Ensemble playing the oboe.
I have to admit that I was blown away by tonight's performance. It was far beyond what I expected at a Jr. High level.
I am so proud of them both for their dedication to their music....a lot of time is spent practicing (some days they are bears about it though - they are teenagers!) Listening and seeing them tonight made all the miles logged driving to and from lessons TOTALLY worth it too.
Way to go Taylir and Colton....I love you both!

Of course I got to the concert without my camera and had to make due with my cell phone, so the pictures were extremely grainy and I am only posting this one.

3 comments:

Dawna said...

Look how spiffy they are! Great job Colton and Taylir :D

Elyse said...

that's awesome guys! Keep up the music, you'll never regret mastering an instrument

Gina said...

It's great that they do so well on their instruments. It's too bad it didn't fall on a weekend when Mark was home.