Sunday, March 28, 2010

HOLY HORSE!


Kortney moved home a few months ago and she didn't come alone. Diesel is her almost 2-year old Great Dane. We couldn't bare the thought of her having to give him away so we consented to let him come live here too. They are both here temporarily while she is living at home saving some money.
Tank and Gunner aren't big fans of this small horse but are slowly getting use to the fact that he's still here. They are very possesive of their territory so we had Kortney neuter Diesel in hopes that that would ease the threat that they were feeling.
One place that is totally off limits to Diesel, per Tank and Gunner, is my bed.....THIS IS THEIR TURF and where they spend the majority of their time. If Diesel even pokes his head through the bedroom door both dogs go nuts. What's funny though is that Diesel is well aware that this is "taken" territory and when Tank and Gunner happen to jump down off the bed and are distracted, Diesel takes full advantage of the situation and jumps up onto the bed to prove that he can lay there too. So funny to see the three of them communicating in their own way.
Of course he is intimidating by his size but he's a gentle giant......he just wants to be loved. And we do love him!
I know, I know, you are all thinking I'm nuts for allowing such a big dog into our house. My only response to that is, "YES I AM CRAZY!" The high-strung, OCD, prissy girl of yesterday has had to relax over the years. But I'm the first to tell you that this passiveness is only temporary I believe. When all the kids have left home and the animals have gone to doggy heaven, I'm going to go back to my old ways I'm pretty sure. I think I'm just temporarily "OUT OF ORDER" or perhaps "OUT OF BATTERIES" - I'm not functioning on full throttle. That's the only way I can survive in the moment. So, for the time being, the craziness in the Good Gomer Household will continue and I will continue taking deep breaths................. (sigh)

3 comments:

CreatedbyKay said...

Now that's one BIG dog! I admire your patience!

Kim said...

Lel,

I can't believe it! I just can't believe it! By the way, I missed your call when you were in Dixie:)

Love Ya!

Kelsey said...

That is an enormous dog! You are so nice to let him live with you too. He's a lucky horse!